Welcome ! Come join me and find out what we may have in common


Picture a welcoming place to sit, a warm, friendly enviroment,

maybe a steaming cup of coffee or tea and a smiling face that is intereted in sharing many thoughts....I have a curious mind and if you are reading this my guess is you do too...let's share a few minutes and some conversation as friends old and new.































Friday, September 2, 2011

Two Lessons Learned

It seems like this was a week I was to learn some lessons from Genealogy!

Someone I have known for many years called me and wanted to know "what it would take to do his genealogy"  I said don't worry about it as I remember many years ago he did something very nice for my then husband. I ask some initial questions and told him we would talk as needed. My husband loves genealogy as much as me, so we divided family lines and went to work. It was a very interesting family
but involved more French and Dutch names than I have done in the past so I found many new challenges awaiting me. I knew he had some knowledge of a couple of his lines so I conscentrated on lines I was fairly sure he knew nothing about. We worked steadily for two plus weeks and when I phoned to say I not only found lines we shared but many other interesting things he cut the conversation short by telling me he was going out to dinner with his wife and never returned the call. I later emailed him to ask for a time we could go over his genealogy and that email was ignored as well. It was almost as if he had a bright idea one day and called then sat back to await the results. A few weeks went by, I bought a 3"
notebook and found a picture to put on the front ...still no contact from my "cousin".
Finally I boxed it up, included a note that was civil but express my disappointment that he was so aloof
after asking me to do this project, and sent it to him. To date no response! There is a prayer I say that
is helpful in times such as these. it include "I will not dwell on the unpleasant things of life....I will be a happy and joyful being"....Lesson # 1

Lesson #2... I bought a very interesting book recently with alot of background on the people, conditions, and background of the people involved in the Salem Witch Trials. people, just ordinary people, and how disagreements over property, money, etc. expanded and how a small matter became a town hysteria involving innocent people who were hung...only to realize later they were not witches at all. My ancestors were a big part of the Salem Witch Trials. The Putnams, Susanna North, and Mary Leach Ireson to name a few. I hope the lesson I learned was not to "judge" someone else but to try calmly to sort out a problem before it becomes a big one. I like what Dr. Suess said..." I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind, Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have trouble with me!  On to other things!!

No comments:

Post a Comment